He was pretty hesitant at first, as it had been so long since he'd been in the water, and would only "jump" into the pool if you were already touching him. In the afternoon, though, he was jumping away and he got so mad at me as I was helping him to the steps after a jump. I couldn't figure out what he was so mad about, and finally I realized that he wanted to swim by himself to the steps :) He drank a little water, but he did a really good job! He LOVED it :)
He would not nap after lunch, just kept running around in the crib and calling for me. Andy and Emily and their kids, Nick and Molly were there by that point out at the pool, and I think he was hearing them, or maybe he was just excited. Finally I gave up on the nap and he went back out to the pool. That's when he got really good at jumping and "swimming".
We spent all afternoon out at the pool, and then came in for dinner. I gave Johnny an early bath so he would be ready if he needed an early bedtime, and Grammy and Grampy made a great dinner. I left not long after dinner, and it was really hard to leave to go home to an empty house and work. But, I knew Johnny was in good hands and would have a good time with Grammy and Grampy and everyone.
And... I did get a whole lot of work done today. Stayed a little late at work and then started right back up after dinner at home. Trying to get everything all set so that I have it in order for the people that are covering for me next week when I am out for surgery and recovery. So, that was good! Still have a ways to go, but I feel like I have a pretty good handle on it.
I got to talk to Andrew, Annette, and Johnny on Skype tonight, so that was also good. Johnny seems to be having a really good time down in Carthage, and wasn't interested in talking on Skype once he found out I was just on the computer and not really there :) Back to running around screaming with Klay! He may be sad to come home and hang out with just me - but I will be glad to see him again. Andrew is still not quite turned around with the time - they keep having late nights, and then he gets up early to Skype. He says the meetings are going well overall.
I leave you with some pictures from the pool yesterday, and one video (too lazy to post it on you tube tonight):
![]() |
| Memorial Day |

No comments:
Post a Comment