Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday, 5/29

We had another good day, overall - we did oatmeal for breakfast today, along with some watermelon. I let Johnny taste some of my chocolate milk, and no surprise - he decided he liked it and wanted the rest of it, lol. He wanted me to read him some bible stories after breakfast while we were still at the table, so I did.

We had a good morning - played some "hide" (and seek), he build some block towers while I tried to get the mountain of clothes in his room under control (putting away winter and pulling out summer clothes), and for some odd reason he asked if I had any necklaces. So, I let him touch some of the more fragile ones, and hold some of the more durable ones. He really liked one that had beads that had been my Grandma Bornet's. I was a little worried I wasn't going to get it away from him without it breaking! So, I told him it was time to put it away, and pointed out that his abacus also had beads. Amazingly, that actually worked as a distraction!

There was a covered dish brunch at church, so I made some hard boiled eggs and some cheesy grits. We arrived late - surprise! but it was a small crowd, so there was plenty of food left. He really enjoyed the sausage someone had brought. He wanted to see Sharon, and breakfast didn't take long, so we went on over to the nursery, and I hung out there until it was time for service, talking to Becky and Sharon. Luke didn't come to church, so Johnny was a little disappointed, but seemed OK with that. Church was good - Pastor Chad had an awesome joke - ask me to tell you the "skip a day" diet one sometime, although everyone must be at the beach this weekend, because no one was there. After church, Johnny wasn't hungry, due to the second breakfast, and was pretty grumpy, so I can't say much good about that, except that he did go down pretty easy for his nap, but then napped for less than an hour. His sleep seems so erratic these days!

After nap, I worked on his clothes a bit more. There was a cute pair of plaid overalls that had been Klay's that I told him he should wear to Grammy and Grampy's house, and he wanted to put them on. So I helped him put them on over the train shirt (which I think had been Thomas') that he had picked out. He then got on his trike and said "Time to go to Grammy and Grampy's!" It was so cute, and so hard to tell him that we wouldn't go until tomorrow morning. He took that OK, though, but I think he is excited about going down tomorrow.

We had a snack - cheese, apples, and the first cucumber from our garden, and he really enjoyed the cucumber - I think he ate over half of it! Then I thought he would be all ready to head outside and go to the pool, but he played with the shape sorter and wanted to read some. So we read for a while, but he was acting cross, so I said here is your swimsuit you just let me know when you're ready to go outside. Not too long after that, he was ready. He had a great time in the pool again - this time we brought the little splash balls outside, and he must have thrown them out and ran to get them 100 times. I tried the sprinkler for a little while, and he liked running through it with me, holding hands, but otherwise not so much. He told me he wanted it to sprinkle into his pool, but then changed his mind :) I got in the pool after that, just wading, and he started splashing me, and I got so wet that I finally came in and changed into my suit. At some point, we took a break for popsicles. Oh - and I convinced him to pee pee outside! Sorry if we kill your grass, Andrew, but it was nice to not have to come inside all wet and dripping!

After that, it was time to come in for dinner. So I made okra, chicken nuggets, and tater tots - yes - another healthy meal! I figure we made up for it today at breakfast and afternoon snack. He really enjoyed the chicken nuggets, not so much the okra. He seemed tired, so I went ahead and bathed him while we waited on Andrew to call. Talked to Andrew for a bit. He seemed to have had a pretty good Sunday, but was tired. He was up a little before 7, and they had gone out to an Opera the night before. He said he did get to spend a little time at the pool in the afternoon, and that the Opera had some acrobatics at the end, which was his favorite part. It was really good to see him and talk to him. He and Johnny acted like they were "bonking heads" and Johnny blew him lots of kisses and told him that he loved him. :) Johnny had asked a lot about Andrew today again. So I showed him on the calendar the days he would be gone and circled them, and then crossed through the ones he had already been gone. I don't know if that helped or not - you never know until later!

He did good at bedtime, although at one point he started patting my chest and asked if the baby was in there, and I showed him about where the baby was. I had told at church today that we are expecting, and I think the ladies in the nursery were talking it up to him about him being a big brother - lol. I told him my tummy would get bigger and bigger as the baby grew. I know this is such an abstract thing for him - I guess all I can do is answer his questions as they arrive and not make too big a deal about it. Thankfully, he went to sleep really quickly tonight - probably due to the short nap. I think he was even asleep before 8:00 - that hasn't happened in weeks!

Here are some pictures and video from today with some pool pictures, as promised!

May 29th


No comments:

Post a Comment