Because I didn't leave the doctor's office until right at 5:00, and traffic was AWFUL in Fuquay, I got to Johnny's day care pretty late - around 5:40. He was still doing good, though, and was outside in the wagon when I got there. I had ordered a pizza from J&S before I picked him up, so we headed over to Varina. I then found out the reason for the bad traffic - Broad street was closed through downtown Varina for a block party concert later on - which meant no parking near the Pizza place either! So, we parked by the CVS and walked all the way down there. I decided that since we walked so far, we should just eat there, but forgot how slow the service was there! We ate outside, though, and had a pretty good dinner. Johnny really enjoyed watching all the cars, trucks, and motorcycles go by. I think he was pretty tired, though. I didn't realize his nap had been pretty short that day until later on after he went to bed. He wanted to play so bad when we got home, but I hurried him on to bath and bed since it was late. It was probably after 8 when he got in bed, but I don't think he fell asleep until after 9! I guess it was just such an unusual day, and maybe he knew I was upset about something. I had to go in there a couple of times, the last time I left his door open and told him I was going to sleep (because I was!)
He didn't really sleep late this morning, though. We had a pretty good breakfast, but he was clingy all day - wanted lots of hugs and to sit on my lap a whole lot and such. And he was tired all morning morning. I think he is really missing Andrew, and yesterday was an unusually long day. Not sure - but I tried to give him all the hugs he wanted, unless I was driving, lol :) We talked to Andrew on Skype this morning after his trip to Macau "yesterday" - he said it was interesting, but he was exhausted! It was great to talk to him and see him, though!
I took my shower this morning after Johnny was up, and he was playing in our room when I went in, and I just took a real quick one. When I came out, though, it was quiet - too quiet - so I called for him, and he came running in and said "I went pee pee ALL BY MYSELF" I said "you did? Good for you! Do you need Mama to empty the cup for you?" "NO - I went in the big potty! Standing up!" I went in to see him and sure enough he was standing by the big potty - and the lights were even out in there. I was really impressed and he was really cute :) He went on his own, even #2 several times today, and was just so proud of himself. I also heard "ALL BY MYSELF" several other times today about other things :) Trying to let him do what I can!
After I got my chores done this morning, we headed up to Cary and got him some new swimsuits that actually fit at Old Navy - One has fish on it, and the other one has skateboards on it. They had a Cars one that I thought he would want, but he was not interested! He did like the Spiderman one, but they didn't have his size. There was not much left in the 2T and 3T sizes. We also got a couple of rash guards. He did NOT want another Blue flowered one, and put on a pretty good demonstration of that! I had him try on the fish one just to be sure the 3T wouldn't be too big, and he liked it so much he wanted to keep it on. I decided to let him, and just lifted him up at the cash register - :) Then we went by Whole Foods to get him more of his probiotics, and then on to the farm. By the end of all that, we were both pretty done, and I was very glad that I had bought some apples at Whole Foods - we both had one of those on the way home from the farm. He did a pretty good job on the whole apple with the skin! We had a good lunch, and he went on to nap pretty easy, as did I :) He took a good nap - probably a little over 1 1/2 hours - hopefully catching up from last night..
After nap, I needed to get some work done, so I graded notebooks, and he read some, and then watched Cars. That went pretty well for about an hour! He is totally mesmerized by that movie. He had a snack of cucumber (2nd one from our garden!) and cheez-its while he watched. I turned the movie off after I'd worked for about an hour, and we went outside and brought some shorts back to our neighbor Elizabeth's house (they were her son's - J had an accident at her house one day a few weeks ago). We got there, and Natalie and Luke (the kids) met us at the door and just started shouting "Johnny, Johnny, Johnny!" - I felt like I was with a rock star! They were really cute. We hung out there for a little while and the kids played while Elizabeth and I talked - she really is so sweet :) J and I came home and then played in the pool and watered the garden until it was dinner time. Had more leftovers for dinner, which was nice and easy, and I thought Johnny would want to go back out to the pool, but he didn't! So I worked on the kitchen a bit while he played, and then played with him some. He had done awesome with the potty all day today. He was naked or half naked most of the day - so that really helped and let him go without my help a whole lot. The only tragedy was that he tried to pee standing up at his little potty - I didn't find that until later - needless to say, the little potty needed a bath, and the floor needed some cleaning!!
After dinner we talked to Andrew, and he looked great! He said he had slept continually all night for the first time since he got there! I think it was only 6 1/2 hours - but it was more than he had been getting. He also said he slept on all the traveling yesterday to Macau and then even fell asleep for just a second during dinner last night!! He said they were all craving Western food last night and were on there own so had gone to an Italian restaurant. I hope he can get another good night tonight and can get rested up before he has to get turned around again. Tomorrow/Today they are having meetings, but also going to a horse race.
J did awesome at bedtime tonight. I tried to get him in bed a little early tonight since he seemed so tired today. He wanted to read "If I ran the Zoo" again tonight - and tonight we just read that, and so we read all of it in one sitting for the first time. We have been reading in the corner with all the pillows, and I swear I think he would sleep in that corner with just those pillows. I almost put his crib mattress on the floor tonight, but then got nervous it would end up being a long night! Maybe we will try that next weekend after Andrew gets home :) I got him in bed around 7:45, and he rolled around just a bit, and fell asleep shortly after 8, thankfully.
Tomorrow Mimi and Gramps come. I have a lot of work to get done tomorrow, so I am not sure if I will manage much of a blog post. I did not get any pictures today or yesterday, sadly. So, since I promised some pictures - here are some from March when we built the new garden bed by the driveway:
![]() |
| New Garden Bed |

No comments:
Post a Comment