Well, today it will have to be no pictures, since I didn't take any today. I guess I got out of practice with Johnny being gone. Got Johnny in bed just before 8 last night, and he was zonked. I heard the little sigh he used to give all the time when he would finally calm down last night while we were reading before bed. You knew he wasn't done pitching his tantrum or being upset until you heard it. We talked to Andrew a little later than usual because he was having internet troubles. Johnny wanted to read the Pooh book Mimi and Gramps gave him AND the little engine that could. Both are a little longer, and I agreed, but told him just those two and no Bible story. We read the Pooh book, and then started on the Little Engine when I heard that sigh. I decided we could stop half-way through that book and finish it tonight. He did pretty well with that, and just wanted to read one more page. He gave me a nice long hug, and then went right to sleep.
Johnny woke up earlier than I expected this morning - 6:15! He really is cutting back on his sleep. I worry a little that he's getting how much he needs, but he really doesn't seem to be able to sleep much more than that. So, I guess we will roll with it for now as long as he is not too cranky. I forgot how tough it is getting out the door without Andrew here and for an 8 AM class! We were doing so good, and he wanted to read little engine that could, so I agreed, and then I looked up and it was after 7, and neither of us had shoes on! We managed to make it out of the house, but not without a bit of a roller-coaster ride. He wanted to put his shoes on himself, so I let him do that and went to get my shoes while he did that. He actually did a pretty good job! He didn't have the straps right, but that was easy to fix. I had so much stuff to carry that I handed him his milk cup to carry, and I think he didn't want any right then, but he just screamed and screamed all the way to the car. I told him I needed his help, but that didn't make any difference, so I decided to ignore him.... Didn't seem like too much to ask to have him carry his milk cup... The only true calamity was that we forgot his strawberries that I had cut up for his breakfast at home. I managed to make it a few minutes early, so I had a little breathing room to make it to class on time.
Had a good day at work. It is still so hot in the building even though the a/c is running. It starts out OK at around 75, but the temperature quickly goes up with warm bodies, projectors running, and the sun hitting the big east windows. It makes it tough in the afternoon to concentrate. I may start coming home to work on Tuesdays and Thursdays once I am pretty sure that the lab is going OK for the other lab instructor. I have a lot to do to get everything ready to leave it on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I will probably end up working this weekend some at night and during (please, please let there be) nap time, but I think I will be OK.
He had a good day at school - ate a good lunch, took an over 1 1/2 hour nap, and had no accidents! He was playing with some big plastic nuts and bolts when I got there, and had a wet shirt - I guess from washing his hands?
Was a little late leaving work and picking up Johnny, but I continued my tradition of setting a timer and spending 30 minutes with him when we get home before I start cooking dinner. We had a good time outside throwing and kicking balls. At first he just wanted to throw them into the yard and then go get them and do it over again. Then we would throw the balls at the other balls to see if we could get them to move. Later, I showed him the velcro mits, and we almost had a game of catch going there for a little while :). It was getting close to time to go in, so I told him we needed to water his flowers that he had started from seed at school, so we took his little watering can around to the rain barrel and watered the marigolds. We had the little can a little over half full, and as he was carrying it around the house, he said "I'm strong!" I thought that was really cute, and told him he was! Then he wanted to water more, so we got another canful and did the begonias that I'm pretty sure are in too much sun and aren't going to make it. He started losing it a bit just as I almost had dinner ready - I think he was pretty hungry.
We had a good dinner - hot dogs, mac and cheese, and green beans, and then we had some pudding that I had made. I had told him that we could go out and fill up the baby pool after dinner, so we did that. This time we put it in the back yard in a flatter spot. That will probably work well, except the grass is not so good there, so it's a little harder on the bare feet in that area. He had a good time splashing in the pool, and then we talked to Andrew for a little while! It was a good thing Andrew called when he did, because the mosquitoes were coming out en force at that point.
Andrew seemed more tired again - and disappointed that they had stayed up late to finish their project, but it still didn't work. He has to make a presentation today on it, and wasn't looking forward to that really. The only good news was that part would be over after today, and then he could sleep in tomorrow! So, we may not talk to him tomorrow night, but he really needs to sleep in, I think. He says his body has not quite figured out the time yet and he keeps waking up early in the morning, unable to sleep any more :( This weekend they are going to Macau - the Vegas of China and next week is Dale Carnegie training for them.
The bedtime routine went well tonight - Johnny loves throwing the football in the tub - and is pretty good at it! At bedtime he wanted to read Seuss' "If I Ran the Zoo" - which is a really long book, it turns out! We didn't finish it, but marked it for tomorrow night. Again, it was almost 8:00 when I put him to bed, and he seemed to fall right asleep! I am hoping he sleeps a little later in the morning - we will see! I may try putting him to bed a little earlier tomorrow night to see if he will sleep a little later.
OK - bedtime for me! So glad it's Friday tomorrow and class starts at 8:30 instead of 8! I promise there will be pictures tomorrow, even if they are from our backlog of unedited, unposted pictures! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment