
Liz is on her way to Portland for a week long conference. Johnny and I are living it up as bachelors while she's away. Liz left around noon to head to the airport while Johnny and I were eating lunch. He ate a great lunch. He had a piece of pizza, some cantaloupe, half a turkey sandwich, some chips, and some of my bologna and egg sandwich. I didn't think he was ever going to stop eating!
After lunch, Johnny played with his puzzles and cars while I chopped up a watermelon. Liz texted and then later called saying her flight to Minneapolis was delayed and that would cause her to miss her flight from Minneapolis to Portland. The airline booked her on another route through JFK to Portland, but she didn't leave RDU until 4:45 (instead of 2:15) and wasn't going to land in Portland until 11:30 Pacific time (which will feel like 2:30 AM to her body). Now she's going to spend the night in Portland and then catch a shuttle to Eugene in the morning.
I put Johnny down for his first nap in his big boy bed this afternoon. He talked me into letting him sleep in his underwear (and nothing else) so I moved his little potty into his room and told him that if he needed to potty that he could get out of bed and go. We read "If You Take a Mouse To School" and "I Am a Bunny" and sang our songs and then he went to bed. He called out for me about 5 minutes after I left the room so I went back in. He had pooped his underwear. So I changed him and rocked with him for a while and then he went back to bed. He went to sleep around 2 PM and slept until almost 4 PM! I was pretty amazed. I looked in on him at one time and he had his knees on the floor and his head in the bed.
After he got up, we didn't do too much. We piddled around and then watched the Cars movie for a while. OK, I admit. I had the TV babysit my child while I tried to get supper ready. We had grilled salmon, squash with onions, and some roasted potatoes for supper. It was pretty good if I say so myself. And Johnny ate more salmon that I thought was possible for a 2.5 year old. I told him he was going to turn into a fish and swim away. He thought that was hilarious.
We talked to Liz after she arrived in JFK. In typical toddler fashion Johnny didn't really want to talk to Liz after asking about her all afternoon long. He really does miss Liz because after our call we went to the bathroom for bath and he had a melt down. He just started crying and screaming that he wanted his Mommy. But bath went good and he went down to sleep as pretty as you please. Hopefully we'll both sleep good tonight.
I didn't do a good job with the camera today. The only picture I took was this one of Johnny with my cell phone. He said he wanted to call his Mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment