Sunday, July 17, 2011

7/17/2011 - Liz in Oregon Day 2

Happy anniversary, Liz! We've had 12 wonderful years together and I can't wait to have many, many more.

Johnny and I had a really good day today. He woke up around 6:30 this morning. I brought him into bed with me for a while, mainly because I was still sleepy. He played with Mater in my bed and had a great ol' time!

We ate cereal for breakfast this morning and then went to the 8:30 service at church. The lady who keeps the nursery wasn't there right at 8:30 so I took Johnny into the sanctuary with me. I told him that if he wanted to go downstairs to play at any time to let me know and that I would take him. He made it all the way to the sermon and decided he wanted to go downstairs so I had to get up and carry him out in the middle of the sermon. :)

After church we ran a few errands. I wanted to change the oil and rotate the tires in Liz's car so we ran by the auto parts store. Kroger had a good deal on ribeye steaks so we ran by there and got some steaks. We came home, had lunch, and went outside to swing for a while.

Then it was time for nap. He did pretty good at nap time today. He called out for me within 30 seconds of me leaving the room so I went back in to see what was wrong. He had found a toy in his bed and wanted me to take it out. He called out again after I left, but got quiet after a bit and went on to sleep. He slept about 1.5 hours.

While Johnny was asleep, I changed the oil and rotated the tires on Liz's car. I was pretty hot and tired after that so Johnny and I just sat around and played and watched TV when he woke up from nap.

We talked to Liz on Skype this evening and that was really nice. I had already started cooking supper so we didn't get to talk for long. We had more squash and onions, left over potatoes from yesterday, and corn and steak cooked on the grill. It was delicious! Johnny likes corn on the cob!

After supper, Johnny played with his trains. He talked me into letting him watch some Cars movie instead of reading our books tonight. We took a quick bath, brushed our teeth, then watched 5 minutes of the movie. We went to his room and sang our songs while he was laying in bed. He fell right out as soon as I left the room tonight.

I did a better job of taking pictures today.

July 17th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment