Saturday, March 20, 2010

2 Months, really?

Has it really been almost 2 months since I've updated the blog - so embarrassing! I didn't even manage a birthday post. I have a backlog of pictures to post - and I will get to it eventually! Since I last posted, Johnny has turned 1 and now 13 months old, gotten really good at walking - even on uneven surfaces, and has just blossomed into a toddler, really. He rarely is still, but is getting really good at understanding what we're saying to him, and sometimes even does it! The reason I initially started this blog was to keep Andrew informed of what was going on with Johnny and me while he was away on business, and well, he's away again - this time to DudeU @ Myrtle Beach, so I think I'll start updating again!

Andrew left around 11 this morning, just in time for Johnny and I to have lunch. He pitched a royal fit before I got him some lunch. I guess a combination of being tired and hungry + I think he understood that Andrew was leaving for more than just the afternoon. :( He felt better after lunch and we played around a while before his nap. He's been fighting his morning nap for the past month or so (playing for an hour in the crib and not falling asleep), and when he did take it, he would really fight the afternoon one and not sleep well. So, we have pretty much given up the morning nap. But, some days he has a hard time making it all the way to the afternoon. He took a good nap this afternoon, and I took a little one too, as I woke up extra-early this morning. I also did a little work and some bare-minimum housekeeping. I tried to arrange a playdate for this afternoon, but no luck!

After his nap, we went outside and played for a long time. I asked him to bring his shoes to me so I could put them on him to go outside and he did! We mostly wandered around in the front yard, and then he played on the slide for a while (thanks Uncle Bryan and Aunt Christy!). He wanted to swing, but I was really thirsty, so we took a water break and then went back outside and then I swang him for a while. Then it was snack time, so we came on inside, and then he played around inside for a little while and I did a few chores. Then it was off to the grocery to pick up some stuff to make something for the covered dish at church tomorrow - I've decided on tortilla espanola, as that will still be good a few hours after it's been cooked. He seemed to really enjoy the grocery store, as usual, and riding in the cart. I thought about going to the paint store again to pick up some more paint chips for the house exterior (we're thinking about grey now), but I was too tired.

So, we came on home and I started dinner cooking (tortellini and tomato sauce), and I attempted to get Johnny to sit and watch the NCSU game with me, but as I mentioned, sitting still is not his strong point, so he would bounce on and off the couch while I sat and watched the game. Dinner went pretty well, although it was quick, and we cleaned up toys (i.e., I tried to put away toys faster than he could pull them back out!) and then it was bath, story and bed! He had been yawning on the way back from the grocery store at 5 PM and seemed tired a lot today, so he fell asleep at 6:30 without a peep! I think I will also go to bed early tonight. Not sure why I'm so pooped.

I did manage to get some video footage of Johnny coming out the cat door today - which he had done last week as a big surprise to me - scared me as the deck is not gated! I've also posted another video where he shows off his mad hoops skills and some pictures from March and his 3rd haircut today - with new clippers!


No comments:

Post a Comment