It was a busy Monday and we got off to an early start. Johnny woke up before 6, and I woke up before my 5:30 alarm clock went off! Not sure if me showering woke him up or what. Putting him to bed at 7 didn't really seem to help him sleep much later, though. Oh well! We had a good morning - he had a good breakfast of yogurt and graham crackers, and I had my cereal. I did some chores and cleaned up the kitchen while he played around. Right now his favorite thing to carry around is the trailer from the car and truck set he got from Grammy and Grampy. He "helped" me fold and put away his laundry :). I took him on to Elsie's and he did OK with me dropping him off. There is a new little boy about a month younger than Johnny that started today at Elsie's and he was getting there about the same time I dropped Johnny off - he's a cutie, but very serious - Elsie said she tried all day, but couldn't get a smile.
I had a busy day prepping lab, neutralizing peroxides in ether (explosive!), consolidating and labeling wastes, and getting ready for lecture - oh yeah, and actually teaching. All in all a good, but busy day. I stopped by McPhail's Pharmacy in Lillington on my way home to get some more hydrogen peroxide for lab. Then, I picked up Johnny and played with the new little boy, and Maya who is always very excited and expressive! So fun. We met with the painter and looked at some more paint chips. I'm going to try to go get a few more samples tomorrow to help us try to decide on the color for the house. While we were looking at the samples, Johnny was climbing on the slide. He's been needing help getting his leg out from under him before he slides, and so the first time I helped him pull it out, but the second time, he did it himself! Such a big boy.
Then it was dinner of cheerios, chick-chick, and peas for Johnny, and peas and pasta for me. Then we both had a treat of a shortbread girl scout cookie :) Before dinner we talked to Andrew on webcam chat on skype :) After dinner, we played in the den with the see& say shapes, shooting some hoops and building towers of blocks and knocking them down. Bath, bed, and book were next - although he didn't fall asleep until at least 7:15 - we'll see how he does in the morning. Hopefully he will sleep a little later! Sorry - no pictures today :( I will be sure to take some tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment