We *actually* made it to church at 9:40, then it took me 10 minutes to drop Johnny off at the nursery after talking to Mrs. Sharon. That was too long, and Johnny screamed bloody murder when I left! Sigh. Church service was very nice, and the women of the church gave out lifetime service awards. One of the ladies that won was Bonnie Wade - very deserving, in my opinion. Such a warm, wonderful person, and she supplied us with at least 3 meals between my time on bedrest and after Johnny was born. It ran a little over, and then I went to get Johnny. He seemed pretty happy to see me. I didn't think through how difficult it would be to go through the covered dish line with him solo. He can walk, but he will run off, unfortunately. I made it through, although with a numb arm, and then we had a pretty good lunch. Sat with Lydia and Baby David, Marilee, Carol, and Heather and Chris Daniels. Good times :).
He took a good nap today - a little over 1 1/2 hours, and we then went over to visit my friend DeeDee that I was at NCSU and Wake Tech with. She and her husband are now foster parents to a sweet, sweet 17 month old little boy. He and Johnny had a great time, chasing each other around and such. So glad we went. There may be some pictures that DeeDee took, but I may not be allowed to post them b/c of the foster care rules. After we came home we spent some time out in the yard checking out some of the new flowers and buds, and then came on in for some dinner. Thank goodness for leftovers! He had a great time in the bath tonight, and chose "Good Night Gorrilla" for the bed-time story over "Kiss Good Night". I installed the baby gate on the deck - I think it will work well, although it may need some shoring up. I did some chores and am in the midst of trying to get some work done, and soon I'll be following him on to dream land! Only a couple of pictures today one from just before bed and the new baby gate, so I won't bother with Picasa:
No comments:
Post a Comment