Sunday, July 15, 2012

Andrew in Prague


Before Andrew left, he, Johnny and I built Johnny a "spaceship", so I had to take this opportunity to show that off: :)

Where's Johnny?

There he is!! Wait - if his eyes are closed is he still hiding?
Andrew made it to Prague on Saturday with no problems! We have heard from him a few times, and I think he is settling in nicely. He has been on a tour of Prague, and one of the wives that is with them spent part of last summer there, so knows her way around, which is helpful. I tried to Skype with him this morning, but his connection was so bad we never did even talk, just did some asynchronous messaging...

 The boys and I have been doing well. We all three went to the airport to drop Andrew off, and I intended to take them to the observation park at the airport to let them "watch Daddy's plane take off", but they fell asleep on the way up there! So, they didn't really get to say goodbye at the airport to Andrew :(. I drove to a park closer to home, and we played there for a while and even found a really nice family with three cute little boys to play "fish, fish, crab" with, which was a lot of fun. Johnny really liked the oldest boy, who was 5. Next we headed to pick up pizza for Johnny and I to have pizza and a movie night! I got Johnny all set up with the movie and pizza and got Alex ready for bed. I ate and watched the movie with Johnny once I got Alex in bed. Even after the 50th time, probably, Cars is a good movie. Love that Mater. To top off a good night, I went to bed early expecting to be up in the night with Alex, and he slept all the way until 5:20 Saturday morning! I know that is an early wakeup, but no interruptions in the sleep made that a great wakeup time :)

Saturday morning we got ready and headed on down to Carthage to spend the day. Johnny drew a couple of pictures on the way down. I thought the second one was especially good!


Ummm - Hope we don't need these directions anymore!
A Dinosaur! Roar!



Johnny went to VBS at Eureka, and Alex and I hung out there with him until Alex was about ready for his second nap. Johnny was a little shy at first, but warmed up and was having a great time. The kids made some really cute crafts, and were listening intently to the Bible story when I left.



After VBS, we all went swimming, even Alex! He really seemed to like the water and getting pulled around in it. The boys had a great time playing with the water balloons that you bought, Andrew. They were very long lasting in and around the water!
I actually did like this - but Mommy didn't get pictures of me grinning :)
Would you like some "ice cream"?
The boys were seriously wiped out from swimming. But managed to stay awake long enough to watch some Transformers.
Tired bunnies
 Alex and I headed on home after dinner. We did not get pictures of it, but he did NOT like peas, lol - lots of shivers and funny faces :) He fell asleep on the way home.
If you look closely, you can see Alex asleep on the way home

Alex didn't have as good of a night last night. He did sleep all the way until 4:30 am, which was pretty good, but then he would not fall back asleep and I finally gave up a little after 5 and got him up for the day and fed him, except he fell back asleep after I fed him. He slept until 8:00, and I noticed he was warm, and checked, and sure enough he had a fever of 101.1. Gave him ibuprofen later in the day when he was fussy and still feverish and it helped, but then he wouldn't nap much because he felt so good! Only slept for about 30 minutes around 2:00, so I did another stroller ride around 4:00, and he catnapped a bit. He was in a really good mood most of the afternoon, and did a lot of exploring around the house and crawling. And pulling up on the red ottoman :) Managed to delay bedtime a bit by giving him a bath, which he enjoyed, but he was asleep a little after 6:00. I gave him a bit more ibuprofen, as his temp was up to 101.5. He didn't have any other symptoms except the fever today, and being a little bit fussy, so we will see how he is tomorrow...

I talked to Johnny a couple of times today. He was really tired last night and got upset when I left Saturday night, but calmed down quick and Annette said he went right out after we left, and was in a much better mood this morning when I talked to him. He was very chatty this morning, which was nice. It always amazes me how little he sounds on the phone - so sweet! She said they swam some more, and then tonight they did some songs and things from VBS at church. Johnny was most excited about the ice cream that they had with chocolate syrup! He was excited about that and about going out to play with Klay, so I didn't talk to him long tonight. Sorry about no pictures from today. I'll try harder to take some tomorrow!

Oh - and here are all the pics above and a few more in a Picasa album:

For Andrew in Prague


No comments:

Post a Comment