Saturday, September 12, 2009

September 12th

Today was a banner day - I talked to Andrew twice (once after he made it to Club Med when he called on the cell phone - this morning for me), and then I finally installed Skype, and he was online and I talked to him tonight! He seems to be doing well, and is definitely enjoying having internet access in his room! He has today (Sunday) off, so he was looking forward to some R&R.

Grammy came up yesterday afternoon, and she watched Johnny while I ran all kinds of errands this morning. Johnny took a pretty good nap this morning while I was gone. After I got home, I mowed the grass and then we all had lunch! Johnny took another nap after lunch, and then I baked the cookies Grammy had made dough for, and then we made the chicken pot pie I was going to bring to Dana.

We had some extra chicken, so I cooked all of it, and we pureed and froze some of it for Johnny. It smelled terrible! But, I hope he likes it, because I made plenty of it! This was after the sticker shock of finding that the tiny jars of baby meats were $1 each! I made at least 10 or 12 jars worth and spent well less than $10 on the chicken. Definitely worthwhile. He had oatmeal this morning for breakfast, and really seemed to like it. That's his new food for a few days.

Grammy left as Johnny and I were heading up to see Dana - she was a huge help yesterday and today! Johnny and I had a good visit with Dana and Gavin and all the other Schillmollers. They all seemed to be doing really well, and Gavin seems like a laid back little fella, which is good with the two girls to also look after! We had a really nice visit, and Johnny fell asleep on the ride home, and went straight to bed - good thing I changed him into his PJs before we left Dana's!

So - the real reason it was a banner day is that Johnny started really waving today, AND sat up by himself! :) Time to lower the crib mattress and baby proof! A few pictures and a video from today:
September 12th

No comments:

Post a Comment