Saturday, September 19, 2009

September 19th

Andrew is on his way home! I talked to him last night, and he had a pretty good last day, although I don't think he got to catch up on his sleep. I got an e-mail from him from Hong Kong, and he had gotten to go into a comfy lounge at the airport in Kuala Lumpur, and gotten bumped up to first class on the way from KL to Hong Kong!

Johnny and I had a good night last night, played for a little while, and then he had his dinner and his bath. He was pretty tired, but he toughed it out until Andrew called around 6:30 or so, and he went on to sleep a little bit before 7. I got some work done last night before I went to sleep.

We both slept well, except that at 5 AM the CO detector batteries ran out, apparently! I heard this extremely loud, but intermittent beeping sound, and thought it was one of the smoke detectors at first! I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, though, so I shut Johnny's door, and then managed to figure out that it was coming from the CO detector, and ripped the batteries out, and went back to bed! I can't believe it didn't wake Johnny up! I didn't fall back asleep, though, so I got on up and did some work.

Johnny woke up around 6, and we did the morning routine, and then he played for a while on his own while I wrote up the weekly lab e-mail for the lab instructors. He started getting a little fussy, so we went ahead and had his cereal. We played for a little while after that, and I tried to work a little bit more, but he was getting tired, so we walked around outside a little bit, and then he took his morning nap. He took a while to fall asleep because he kept sitting up and working on pulling up! Eventually, he fell asleep. I worked while he slept, but he only slept for about an hour!

After he woke up he played for a little while, and then I fed him a bit of solid food and packed him up in the stroller to head downtown for lunch and errands! I ate at Melvin's and fed Johnny his bottle. Then I loaded him into the baby carrier and we went to the bakery, library, and Belk's. By that time, he was pretty pooped and so we headed on back to the house. I'm surprised he didn't fall asleep, but he held out and took about an hour nap when we got back to the house. He still seemed tired when he woke up, but wouldn't fall back asleep.

We played some after the nap, and he played in the exersaucer while I got ready, and we went to the grocery store. He really seemed to enjoy that, and didn't even try to "eat" the grocery cart! He was acting pretty tired, though, so I put him in his crib while I was unloading the groceries to see if he would fall asleep. He did eventually! Tonight it's dinner and bottle and bath, and hopefully he'll sleep well. He may go to bed a little later since he will have had such a late afternoon nap. Not sure.

I'm planning on grading some lab reports and lab notebooks tonight and working on my seminar class grading and posts some. Trying to get as much as I can done today, so I can just hang out with Andrew and Johnny tomorrow afternoon! Just a few pictures from today:

No comments:

Post a Comment