It was a great night of sleep for Johnny! He slept straight through and didn't wake up until after 6 AM! Yeah! Mom and I spent most of the morning getting everything packed and into the car and getting ready to leave. Andrew called around 8 AM and I got to talk to him for a while, which was so great! It was great to hear his voice and to hear what all was happening there. It sounds like the trip is going really well so far. I guess it will probably get really busy in the next days as they have more meetings. Dad went out to the Y swimming, and Mom, Johnny and I left around the time he was ready for his first nap. He slept pretty well in the car for a little while, but then a big bump in the road jarred him awake, and he didn't fall back asleep :(. But, he was pretty happy, and we drove until we got to Greensboro and stopped for lunch. Johnny enjoyed some peas and a bottle, and I enjoyed some hash brown casserole and fried okra! Mom had her veggie plate. We got back on the road and Johnny slept hard for about 30 -45 minutes, but then woke up again. I think he sleeps way better in his crib now than he does in the car seat! He was starting to get a little fussy as we got close to Apex, so we stopped at Target for a little shopping and fresh air. He seemed to like being in the baby Bjorn when we were there.
We made it home around 2:30 and unpacked the car, and then fed Johnny his afternoon bottle and put him down for a 3rd nap, since his other two hadn't been good. He fought it a little bit, but then he slept for over an hour, and was in a much better mood afterwards! He had some time in the exersaucer, and Mom fed him a dinner of rice cereal and sweet potatoes. Then we worked on his room for a while - putting things away. He was in a really good mood in there - that's when we took the video. He was moving all around and talking up a storm! Next it was bath time, then bottle, and then time for reading and bed. He rolled right over and went on to sleep a little after 6:30.
All in all a great day, and a way better trip than the last time we came back from Marion! Mom and I have been unpacking and such. I need to get some work done tonight, too. I think Mom is going to stay through Wednesday morning. Andrew, I hope you slept well last night! Here are today's pictures!
I did sleep good last night. I hope both you and Johnny are sleeping good right now! :)
ReplyDelete